Sometimes Fireworks can start fires in Medina County!
Do you know that many reported fires on or around Independence Day are caused by Fireworks?
Fire prevention is important when fireworks are involved. They can cause damage to homes and other structures, vehicles and even start forest fires. The most likely cause is user error. Debris and sparks from fireworks and even a firecracker can start a fire. Also if a hot firework is improperly disposed of or dropped near flammable materials including dry grass or leaves, it could spark a fire.
Fireworks and firecrackers should never be ignited indoors. They should always be set off in a safe area away from any buildings and houses. Sometimes a fire will ignite in a trash can where the fireworks were lit. A fire extinguisher should be kept nearby in case of an emergency. The area where the fireworks will be lit should be hosed down and the ground, bushes and tree limbs should be wet. Soaking down the area afterwards is a good idea as well.
If you experience a fire from fireworks this Independence Day, call SERVPRO of Medina County, Gateway and Western Lake County at 1-800-933-7179