Charcoal Grill Safety in Medina County/Gateway/Western Lake County
Summer is just about here and we will be spending a lot of our time outdoors. Grilling will be a large part of our summer routine. Some people prefer using a charcoal grill over a gas grill.
The benefits of using charcoal are that it burns hotter than gas; therefore you can control the temperature by moving the briquettes around. By doing so, you can sear your meat and then move it to a cooler area to finish cooking. Also, many people prefer the smoke flavor that the charcoal grill provides.
Before you throw the meat on the charcoal grill, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
*Do not light the grill inside the house, garage or any indoor space
*Keep the grill approximately 10 feet from any structure
*Make sure the grill is on a flat and stable nonflammable surface
*Keep the grill lid open when lighting it
*Do not wear loose clothing or have long hair hanging down when lighting
*Close up the lighter fluid immediately and place in a safe space
Even after precautions have been taken, sometimes fires still ignite outside of the grill and cause damage to your home or structure. If you have fire damage due to a grilling accident, call the experts at SERVPRO of Medina County/Gateway/Western Lake County to clean up your fire damaged home at 800-933-7179.