If you own a business or manage a building, fire protection should be among your primary concerns.
Commercial fires are more common than you may think. By knowing what may cause a commercial fire, your business can take proper precautions to prevent damage to your property.
Any business that serves food is likely to have a kitchen area. Because of high cooking temperatures, flammable oils and grease, fires are always possible.
Commercial buildings may depend on heating equipment during the year. Furnaces, boilers, and radiators can be at risk of overheating which may lead to a fire.
*Electrical & Lighting Equipment
Electrical wiring behind a wall may carry fire risk. Old or defective wiring, overloaded circuits, loose connections, or other electrical or lighting problems can develop that lead to overheating or sparking that may ignite a fire.
Improperly disposed of lighted cigars, cigarettes, and other smoking materials can start fires. Smoking materials remain one of the top five most common causes of commercial fires.
An intentional fire is one that occurs as the result of a deliberate action.
If your business or Commercial building experiences a fire from any source, call SERVPRO of Medina County/Gateway/Western Lake County for your fire cleaning services at 1-800-933-7179.