Need Your Home Cleaned to Sell.
Selling your home can be an overwhelming experience as you coordinate between realtors, inspections and potential buyers. SERVPRO is happy to help clean your house and get it ready for showings and its sale. With our highly trained crews we are prepared to help with any cleaning task ranging from mold remediation to deodorization to general cleaning services. We have helped many homeowners prepare and sell their homes with a top to bottom cleaning. Our thorough cleaning services can include wiping ceilings and walls, trim, the exterior of baseboard registers, and cleaning the inside and outside of kitchen and bathroom appliances. Window cleaning and floor cleaning are a great way to finish the project up and add the final sparkle to your fresh home.
We would be happy to set up a time for an estimator to come onsite to answer any questions you may have, and to get you a good idea of what the project would entail and cost. SERVPRO is always here to help
Prepare An Emergency Kit
- Water, 1 gal person per per day
- Food, 3 day supply per person
- Can opener (manual!)
- Flashlight, batteries, back up phone charger
- First aid kit, hygiene items
- Emergency phone numbers
4 Classes of Water
Without warning, emergencies can strike. Immediate response is critical especially when water damage strikes. Did you know there are different classes of water that can cause a loss in a home? The classes of water are defined as the following:
Class 1 –A single room is affected, with little to no wet carpet, with water only on surfaces like wood or concrete.
Class 2 –This class effects and entire room, wetness along the walls (12” or more), and moisture still in the structure.
Class 3 –Ceilings, walls, carpet and insulation are all saturated with liquid or water. This is often due to water coming from overhead.
Class 4 –Water saturates in materials with very low levels of permeation, like hardwood or stone.
We understand that dealing with water damage is a highly stressful. Our trained technicians are equipped with the knowledge and equipment to restore your property to its preloss conditions. Do not hesitate to give SERVPRO a call if you experience any kind of water damages.
Bio Hazards Clean up
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO of Medina County also offers fast, reliable biohazard and crime scene cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners.
SERVPRO professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.
SERVPRO of Medina County can help with the following issues:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Commom causes of Fires in Homes
Here are top 5 most common causes of house fires as identified by the National Fire Protection Association.
From 2007-2011, the NFPA says there were an average of 10,630 fires in the U.S. that were started by candles, causing 115 deaths, 903 injuries and approximately $418 million in property damage. That is an average of 29 candle fires per day.
- Never leave a candle burning near flammable items.
- Never leave a candle burning in a child’s room or an unoccupied room.
- Make sure candles fit securing into candle holders so they won’t tip over.
- Blow out any candles before leaving a room or going to sleep
While the number of fires caused by smoking is trending downward, the NFPA found that there were still an average of 17,600 related fires per year resulting in 490 deaths and more than $516 million in property damage.
- If you smoke, consider smoking outside.
- Use wide, sturdy ashtrays to catch butts and ashes.
- Look for cigarette butts under furniture and between seat cushions to make sure no lit butts have fallen someplace where they can’t be seen.
- Don’t smoke in bed, when you’re tired or around medical oxygen.
- Electrical & Lighting
According to the NFPA, in 2011 approximately 47,700 home structure fires were caused by some sort of electrical failure or malfunction. These resulted in 418 deaths, 1,570 injuries and $1.4 billion in property damage.
- Don’t overload outlets or electrical cords.
- Make sure you have the right cord for the job – inside cords for inside, heavy duty/outside cords for outdoor use.
- Don’t leave Christmas lights, Christmas trees, or halogen lights on overnight or when not at home.
- Consider having an electrician perform an annual checkup of your home’s wiring.
- Dryers & Washing Machines
Clothes dryer fires happen more often than one might think, accounting for 16,800 home structure fires in 2010 and doing more than $236 million in property damage.
- Clean the lint screen frequently and don’t run the dryer without it.
- For gas and propane dryers, make sure there aren’t any leaks in the lines.
- Vent the dryer to the outside of the house and ensure nothing blocks the vent pipe.
- Clean the vent pipe and the area where the screen is housed.
- Keep the area around the dryer free of combustible materials.
Prep your Home for Spring.
Clean Rain Gutters
Wind, animals, and gravity bring sticks, leaves, and other organic matter into your rain gutters, and chances are yours have accumulated their share of detritus over the winter. That's bad news for your home: When downspouts are clogged, rainwater can spill out of your gutters and around the perimeter of your house, putting it at risk for leaks and flooding. Get ready for spring showers by removing the mess from your gutters to ensure that the water will flow freely.
To maintain optimal air quality in your home, it’s a good idea to replace your HVAC system's air filter seasonally as well as the filter in your kitchen range hood. While you're at it, consider changing the filters in your water purification system. Depending on your water, you might not need to change these as often as your HVAC filters, but it's not a bad idea to check them now. So, go ahead and welcome spring with new filters all around to keep your home clean and fresh, and your appliances in good working order.
As snow melts away from your home’s foundation, it’s a good time to check any vents along the foundation or in the attic. Look for missing or damaged screens, debris, signs of insect or rodent infestation, or other issues, and correct them before they have a chance to become bigger problems later in the season.
Check the Roof
Take advantage of the sun’s return to check your roof for cracked or missing shingles or tiles, and examine flashing around vents and the chimney for damage. While you’re at it, have the chimney cleaned and inspected by a professional.
Any questions or help call SERVPRO of Medina 1-800-933-7179
Characteristics of Mold
You probably have many checklists that apply to your commercial building. With all the regular maintenance routines and proper repairs, finding black mold growth – or any type of mold invasion – can come as a complete shock. However, you might be wondering what mold looks like in the first place. The following list includes three angles from which you can better identify mold.
If you've observed some funky colors spring up around the company sink, you may have a mold cleanup in your future. Most commonly known as Alternaria, this kind of mold frequents bathrooms and other damp places indoors. This fungus spreads quickly, so you'll want to address even minor problems in a timely manner.
Another way you can detect mold in your building is by observing its texture. If you've tried cleaning those worn-out carpets time and again to no avail, a mold called Cladosporium could be your culprit. In addition, not all dark colored molds are black mold; this dark colored mold with a suede-like texture loves to thrive in carpets and upholsteries. Cladosporium is also known to grow in both warm and cool climates. Some molds may take on powdery textures, while others can take on a slimy appearance.
Most Ogden, UT, residents are familiar with that musty smell that can pop up in basements or other dark, humid places. Black mold could be present if that earthy smell just won't go away. Even if your building has never had past moisture damage, this kind of mold easily feeds on damp drywall and even dusty corners. Hiring a professional is usually your best bet when it comes to detecting types of mold, since identifying and determining all those subtle growth spots could prove challenging.
Helpful Hints before SERVPRO arrives.
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO arrives.
Shut off the source of the water.
Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
How to prevent water damages.
If water damage does occur in your home, immediately call SERVPRO of Medina County. SERVPRO’s teams will:
- Assess damage for restorability and safety.
- Determine the extent of the moisture content in effected areas.
- Move and prop up furniture on blocks if necessary.
- Extract the water.
- Remove carpets and carpet pads if necessary.
- Spray to treat germs and bacteria in contaminated areas.
- Start the drying process with air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Ensure rooms are completely dry and conduct a walk through with homeowners to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Preventative maintenance is key to avoiding a possible water, mold, of fire damage loss. If you or someone you know succumbs to any type of water damage, give us a call to make your home look “Like it never even happened.” Call 1-800-933-7179
24 Hour Emergency Service Response
SERVPRO provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment.