If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (800) 933-7179

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Common Causes of Home Fires in Brunswick, OH

5/17/2019 (Permalink)

Common Causes of House Fires in Brunswick, OH

Fires can have a devastating effect on your home and are also a life-threatening emergency. There are many causes of a fire damage and knowing what these are will help you to take preventative measures to avoid such an incident occurring.

Kitchen Fires 
One of the biggest causes or fire damages in Brunswick, OH we see at SERVPRO of Medina County is cooking fires. While dry cooking fires usually cause minimal damage and are easy to put out, a fire started from grease has the potential to spread rapidly and cause significant destruction to your property. One of the simplest ways to prevent such fires from happening is never to leave pans unattended when cooking. 

Electrical Fires 
Electricity is such an integral part of modern life; it is easy to take it for granted and not fully appreciate the associated dangers of its use. Exposed wires, hot sockets, overheated plugs, blown fuses and overloaded extension leads can all result in a fire. Electrical heating appliances should always be connected into a GFCI, a ground fault circuit interrupter both for personal safety and to reduce the chance of arcing or circuits tripping.

Our team at SERVPRO of Medina County is often called to houses needing fire damage restoration following a smoking incident started by a cigarette that was not properly put out. The best way to avoid this is not to smoke inside your home. If you do, make sure cigarettes are properly extinguished. 

Candles are a fantastic way to create mood lighting, and the scented varieties bring a lovely aroma to your home. However, if you are not careful, they can easily cause a fire. Not placing them close to curtains, other soft furnishings and anything flammable will reduce the risk of a fire.

If you are ever in the unfortunate position of needing your home restored following fire damage please call us 24/7. SERVPRO of Medina 330-722-4343 .  Our team is always on call to help 24/7.

Other News

View Recent Posts