Areas Where Many House Fires Originate in Medina Ohio
House fires start in some places more than others. Here are some of the more common places fires begin:
Many house fires start in the kitchen. It’s really no surprise since it’s where you do the most cooking and keep many appliances. You should keep an eye on the oven, and keep combustible items away from the stove.
There are many house fires that start in the bedroom. Mattresses can be very flammable unless they’re new. If you have a mattress that was made before 2007, it probably doesn’t abide by the Federal Mattress Flammability Standard. Mattresses made after 2007 are flame retardant and held to a higher safety standard.
House fires happen in chimneys because people neglect to have them serviced. Every time you have a fire, you are coating the inside of your chimney with residue and it builds up. You should have the chimney professionally cleaned to prevent fires.
#4: Living Room
Living rooms or family rooms often contain candles, fireplaces, and electronics. Along with couches and other flammable items, fires often start here.
#5: Laundry Room
Dryer lint is a main cause of laundry room fires. If you don’t clean vents and filters regularly, the heat could cause lint to catch fire.
House fires also start outside. This is where people keep their grills, they smoke, have bonfires, and light off fireworks.
If you experience a house fire call SERVPRO of Medina County, Gateway and Western Lake County at 800-933-7179.